What Is Shape Up RI?
Shape Up RI is a statewide exercise and weight loss challenge founded in 2005 by Dr. Rajiv Kumar based on his belief that the solution to healthy living lies in the power of teamwork and peer support. This grassroots health campaign encourages Rhode Islanders to pursue healthy lifestyles through increased physical activity and better nutrition. Over the past seven years, more than 70,000 Rhode Islanders have participated in this evidence-based program, walking millions of miles, losing thousands of pounds, and proving that teamwork is a powerful prescription for taking control of our health.
How Does It Work?
For just $25 you’ll receive all the tools needed for a healthy 2013:
- year-round access to a fun online social networking and healthy gaming platform
- enrollment in three eight-week, team-based, exercise and weight loss competitions
- a sturdy, reliable digital pedometer to track your daily steps
- chances to win awesome and healthy weekly raffles and prizes
- exclusive invitations to free, healthy events happening all across the state
- money-saving discounts at many local health and wellness stores
- peer support and motivation to help power you to reach your health goals
Shape Up RI 2013 Calendar:
Team Challenge #1: Ready, Set, Go
December 3, 2012 – Challenge enrollment begins
February 4, 2013 – Challenge officially begins
Team Challenge #2: Level Up
March 25, 2013 – Challenge enrollment begins
April 29, 2013 – Challenge officially begins
Team Challenge #3: Face-Off
September 2, 2013 – Challenge enrollment begins
September 30, 2013 – Challenge officially begins